• Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyd

    Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mysore.

  • ltanmedicalbill@gmail.com

  • +91-9566 172 370

HRA Document Exemption Claim

House Rent Allowance Rules & Exemption Guide

HRA or House Rent Allowance is a component of the salary provided by the employer to his/her employee. If you receive HRA as part of your salary and you live in a rented accommodation, then you can claim full or partial HRA exemption u/s 10. However, HRA is fully taxable if you don’t live in a rented accommodation.

Salaried individuals who live in a rented house can claim House Rent Allowance (HRA) to lower taxes. This can be partially or completely exempt from taxes. The allowance is for expenses related to rented accommodation. If you don’t live in a rented accommodation, this allowance is fully taxable.

The deduction available is the least of the following amounts:

a. Actual HRA received;

b. 50% of [basic salary + DA] for those living in metro cities (40% for non-metros); or

c. Actual rent paid less 10% of basic salary + DA

Generic Questions:

Check your Offer Letter containing the HRA allowance section and your City desides whether 40% or 50% of Basic is allowed.

If you pay rent in excess of Rs 1 lakh p.a. then it is necessary to mention PAN details of your landlord in your tax return to claim tax exemption on HRA.

Based on your CTC Split Up, we can make the claim maximum of 50% of your Basic.

We charge you 10% of the rental amount for 1Year to provide the required documents.

We Provide PAN Card Number, Rental Document, Rent Receipt with Signature